Saturday, May 21, 2011

The Best Meal EVER!!!


Yes, you can chuckle with me on this title for this post. But, when we were sitting at our table, eating this mmm-mmm good , Chinese Pepper Steak ...
Laura on The Rock
Dana said this and I quote "This is the BEST MEAL , EVER!"
 So I had to quote this! Hee hee hee, chuckle, chuckle, don't you agree?
Aw...I love to hear my kids quotes! They are the BEST EVER!  I might write them up for a special future post, so look out Laura! Our daughter, Laura has "THE BEST QUOTES, EVER!"
Dana "The Graduate!"
I made this delectable dish for my daughter, Dana "The College Graduate" from CUI (we now have 2 daughters that are "College Graduates" at CUI ). We are so thankful to the churches and church institutions God has used to influence my daughters. My proud partner in parenting our daughters says it well in his blog.
 This is one of  Dana's favorite & most requested meals. The  recipe for Chinese Pepper Steak was found by my Mom, when she got her Wok. I think the recipe came in the Farberware Wok manual or they supplied a recipe book. It's been one of my favorites as a teenager, I've shared it in  our church cookbook ("Ladies of the Church" by Redeemer Lutheran Church LWML 1988 Cookbook) when we lived in Camden , Arkansas, where our Laura was born ! Now the love continues through my daughter Dana.
 Mind you, if you don't like Green Pepper, you probably won't care for this. For those of you that love Green Peppers and Beef, you'll LOVE this !!! so give it a try ! There's something about the savoryness in the sauce, it must be the soy sauce but then again it might be the Sherry you put in it too ! Serve with steamed rice and a green salad with Ginger Dressing. Pineapple goes great with it too ! Pure deliciousness !
Graduation is such  a great  time to celebrate with family, and coming all the way from Florida & Missouri ! Dana is blessed to have both Grandparents who attended her graduation. Her sister, Laura joined us in the celebrating too ! Yes !
I was in pure heaven to have both of my girls home I've been so caught up in graduation mode, that I forgot to take step by step pictures, so forgive me on the pictures. So Thankful that our God forgives us and that we are saved by GRACE And when we get to Heaven, sitting down at our Lord's Heavenly table, it's going to be "THE BEST MEAL EVER !" Thank You Lord !  
                                               I did manage to take a picture thou !

Chinese Pepper Steak
Ingredients:
1 lb. Flank Steak, cut cross-wise into thin slices *see note below
3 Tablespoons Sherry
3 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
1 Tablespoon Cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon Salt (I don't put in due to soy sauce is salty enough for us)
3 Tablespoons Peanut Oil
2 Green Peppers, Thinly Sliced
1 Onion, cut into thin rings
1 Clove Garlic, minced
In 2 quart mixing bowl, I use my trusty Tupperware marinate container. Marinate steak with sherry, soy sauce, cornstarch and salt, at least 10 minutes, ( I marinate much longer...about 2-6 hours in refrigerator). When ready to cook, add 2 tablespoons of oil. When oil is hot to 350 degrees, add green pepper, onion and garlic. Stir fry until pepper is tender crisp. Remove to 1 quart mixing bowl (or I use plate, sometimes). Stir fry steak by adding remaining oil, stir fry til steak is cooked. Add green pepper mixture and stir fry until hot.
Makes 4 servings.
*Note: Cut steak lengthwise into 2 1/2 inch strips, wrap in foil and place in freezer until almost frozen, 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 hours. Or cut when frozen , I do this often...and cut on the bias/diagonal across grain for more tender cut.
I make another batch of sherry ,soy sauce, cornstarch mixture and add when steak is added to make more sauce. Our family LOVES SAUCE !!!
P.S. This easily doubles for more guests too ! Enjoy !


Ginger Dressing
Recipe from "Cooking with Mickey around the world"
Mitsukoshi Restaurant in Japan Showcase Epcot Center  
We use to live in Florida and had annual passes to Disney World. So of course, my hubby had to get this cookbook for me ! Thank You Richard ! We have great family memories at Disney World ! Now we live on the west coast and enjoy Disneyland !
Ingredients:
2 good size pieces fresh ginger root (about 2 ounces)
1 medium to large onion, cut in quarters
3 cups vegetable oil
1 cup vinegar
1 3/4 cups soy sauce
1 1/2 Tablespoons tomato paste
1/4 lemon
1 medium garlic clove
1 3/4 cups water
Soak ginger root in cold water for few minutes to make it easier to remove outer skin. Divide ingredients in half and process each half in food processor with steel blade until smooth. Combine both halves. Refrigerate.
♥ We make this ahead of time,and share it with my parents. This make a HUGE amount.Probably can cut in half, but we always use it up ! One of our favorites and great to always share ! :)









0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, for taking the time to comment. It means alot to me and I appreciate your kind words so much.
Have a Blessed day & Enjoy! Sharon