Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Ultimate "Surprise" Oreo n' Chocolate Chip Cookie Fudge Brownie Cups



I hope this finds you, rested, relaxed, and that you had a great Memorial Weekend. When I was reading one of my favorite bloggers post on this recipe for The Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie n’ Oreo Fudge Brownie Bar . I knew I just had to try this recipe out! So in honor for our Memorial Day of remembrance for those who have died in our nation's service. I want to Thank You all who have served our country ! Thank You for keeping us safe, for fighting for our country. When finding a link for Memorial Day I found this 1915, poem inspired by "In Flanders Fields," Moina Michael replied with her own poem:           We cherish too, the Poppy red
       That grows on fields where valor led,
      It seems to signal to the skies
      That blood of heroes never dies.
How fitting for today...We Cherish all those who died in our nation's service. I hope you thanked the ones that you come in contact with that have served . I am truly honored to know the ones in my life. Again, Thank You from the bottom of my heart.
But as you know... when it comes to recipes by now...I have to put my own spin on it! Cupcakes are the craze right now, so thinking that in mind...instead of making bar cookies I made brownie cups. Oh MY ! This is decadency American all the way ! How fitting for our Memorial Day ending !
Thankful we wee able to enjoy our country's freedom today for I was a relaxed baker today...We enjoyed a 5 mile hike, stopped by our local REI for the Memorial Sale and of course, hungry afterwards! So my smart husband, found that one of my favorite California hamburger places was just around the block ! Well , it was a big block but so Thankful they came to San Diego !


BurgerFest for us ! Yum ! This burger place was my stomping places in college.When studying late, I would call one of my friends or my Cousin Diane who was visiting from Arizona. to go with me for a snack. Mind you, this was years ago, and when your younger you can get away with eating in those wee hours of the night/morning ! So worth it !




So getting down to the recipe, I used Nestle Chocolate Chip Cookie dough I found a two-fer deal on Oreos. So I got one double stuff package and the other was the new Oreo Mint Fudge Cremes .

 I used my trusty Pampered Chef Muffin Pan, instead of using 9x13 pan. Instead of using waxed paper, I used *Parchment Paper cut in 4x4 squares.Used a glass that fits in muffin pan to press parchment paper to form pan.
 Cut the cookie dough one at a time in 1/4" slice, then cut in half. 
Cut slice in half, to fit in muffin pan.


Using the glass that I used previously to form parchment paper, spray with your favorite spray to grease the glass, press dough to form.

                     After Cookie dough pressed with glass
Take an Oreo, I alternated the flavors of these in each muffin pan .
 Top with using ice cream type scoop 1/3 cup size, scooping up your favorite Brownie Mix mine is Ghiradelli Double Chocolate. It's a Californian's favorite !
              The  First battered Ultimate surprise cup

       All Ultimate Surprise Cups ready for baking! Bake for 20 minutes. 

        
And it was truly torture waiting for them to cool...

                         so we couldn't wait..Totally an ultimate surprise of gooeyness ! Did I get the Mint Oreo or Double Stuff Oreo inside... what did you get?
                        Double Stuff one...
                 The Mint Creme one...
  Yum ! Yum ! Both are soooo gooey goodness !



*Note: I experimented using parchment paper and without. The Parchment paper made it so much easier taking the brownie cups out. When I didn't use the parchment paper, it was a crisper edge to them but tricker to get out. Means more patience to eat these gooey goodness, which is hard to do...As always I would love to hear if you tried these :)


Layeredness of Decadency !



The multi-gooeyness views of Ultimate of  "Surprise" Oreo n' Chocolate Chip Cookie Fudge Brownie Cups. Photos by Dana Burkey with her awesome  new Nikon 5100 camera! 




Ultimate "Surprise" Oreo n' Chocolate Chip Cookie Fudge Brownie Cups
Ingredients:
Nestle Chocolate Chip Cookie dough
1 pkg Double Stuff Oreo Cookies
1 pkg Oreo Mint Fudge Cremes
Ghiradelli Double Chocolate Brownie Mix
     ingredients for brownie mix:
        1 egg
        1/3 cup water
        1/3 cup vegetable oil
Pampered Chef Muffin Pan
Parchment Paper, cut in 4x4 squares
Beverage glass, that fits in muffin pan
Used a glass that fits in muffin pan to press parchment paper to form pan. Cut the cookie dough one at a time in 1/4" slice, then cut in half. Using the glass that I used previously to form parchment paper, spray with your favorite spray to grease the glass, press dough to form. Take an Oreo, I alternated the flavors of these in each muffin pan . Top with using ice cream type scoop 1/3 cup size, scooping up your favorite Brownie Mix . Bake for 20 minutes.
Let cool. If you can wait long enough! 

5 comments:

  1. Those look amazing!! Great pictures too!! Want to mail me some?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness.... these look so rich and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely Rich and delicious!Kristen but so worth to try for your chocolate fix !:)Enjoy !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for the idea! We made these yesterday to take to a potluck and they were absolutely yummy! I had to turn around and make some more today for my kiddos at home. YUM-MY!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the recipe! We made these yesterday for a potluck party and they were absolutely yummy! They were such a success that I had to make a second batch with peanut butter oreos for my kiddos at home today. YUM-ME!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, for taking the time to comment. It means alot to me and I appreciate your kind words so much.
Have a Blessed day & Enjoy! Sharon