Saturday, November 13, 2010

"The Most Versatile Cookie Throughout The Year"!!

Hurry the days are counting down !
Deadline for voting is November 15t , 2010
Check out my Cookie recipe !
"The Most Versatile Cookie Throughout The Year" !!
(see recipe below) I submitted this recipe and I am in the LA Times Holiday Cookie Bake-off !

This is really exciting for me,for I've followed the Food Section in the LA Times since I was a little girl, my Grandma Ruth and my folks would send it to me when I lived out of California. I submitted it late due to life being so busy these days !
I hope to be back to blogging soon ! I'm having exciting times baking these days with great company too ! So look forward for future blog recipes coming !

And if you like/love it please don't forget to vote for me !
Thanks for supporting me!
For some reason the link isn't working...ugh !
So if you can visit my Recipe Facebook page
it will have a post with the link that will take you to it!

Rate Me - Los Angeles Times Holiday Cookie Bake-Off upickem.net

Thanks to my Brother-in-law Dean,who found out an EASIER WAY TO VOTE ! If you search for "Versatile", my cookie comes up on its own page with the Vote button right there, so it makes voting multiple times much easier. You can vote up to 10 times a day, per day too !  Thank you all who do this !

Here's what I submitted for the LA Times Holiday Bake-off!

I requested this recipe from My Mother-in- law, Edna who I dearly love ! She made these for Christmas one year and I was soooo addicted to them! Originally they are called Vanilla Cookies & Almond Ice Box Slices. I liked them so much that I've made them throughout the year with different variations to go with the seasons or what we are craving for at the time. I've added Toffee bits , Mini M&M's , Mini Chocolate Chips , Mint Chocolate Chips (now hard to find!) ,Pecan ,lavender ,lemon ,Walnut , Macadamia nut , and variety of shapes & colors throughout the year !
So let your imagination & creativity fly with this recipe !
Hope you enjoy as much as our family does !
Yum... now I'm craving them ! Enjoy !

"The Most Versatile Cookie Throughout The Year" !!

1 1/4 cup Flour
1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/4 teaspoon Salt
Stir together in a medium bowl:
3 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
3 Tablespoons Margarine
1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
1 Egg
1/2 teaspoon Vanilla or Almond Extract

Beat butter, margarine,sugar, egg and extract in large bowl until well blended. Stir in flour mixture.

For Christmas Trees:
Shape dough into a ball, wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate several hours or overnight. Preheat oven 350 degrees. Coat cookie sheet with vegetable oil spray.
For trees roll out dough on lightly floured surface to 3/8" thickness and cut into desired shape. Bake for 10-12 minutes until lightly browned. Remove cookies to a wire rack,cool.
Frost with glaze.
Vanilla Glaze: Stir 2 Tablespoons of milk into 1 cup of powdered sugar until smooth and slightly runny- add 1/4 teaspoon vanilla and tint green for trees.
For an Almond Cookie Variation:
omit Vanilla and add 1/2 teaspoon almond extract to butter mixture. Add 1/3 cup finely chopped almonds to flour mixture. Shape dough into a 12" roll. Wrap and chill until firm. Slice into 1/4" slices. Bake as directed. Cool, dip half into melted semi-sweet chocolate & place on wax paper to cool.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, for taking the time to comment. It means alot to me and I appreciate your kind words so much.
Have a Blessed day & Enjoy! Sharon