Saturday, August 13, 2011

Friend , You look Marvelous Darling of a Salad


One of my dearest friends who lives out of state, text me the other day, asking if I knew a salad she could bring to a funeral . I gave her my ole' trusty "Go To" salad recipe. I fell in love with this salad when we were visiting one of our friends when we lived in Florida. It has all the right ingredients that make you look like  like a gourmet salad maker !
 Which my dear friend , Frieda said when she made this...thanks to you , you made me look good! Isn't that what we all want? And that's what friends are for right? So here's to you, my recipe friends, my favorite "Go To" Salad that makes you look so good!

Strawberry Roasted Pecan - n -Spinach Salad

Ingredients:
Spinach, fresh and washed
Strawberries, container about a pint
Pecans about 1 cup
Olive oil
Garlic, 1 clove minced
Poppyseed dressing, homemade see my recipe for Yogurt-Poppy Seed Dressing
Or your favorite prepared

Wash Spinach and dry in salad spinner
Meanwhile coat pecans with olive oil n minced garlic.
Place pecans on cookie sheet and roast in oven or broil for about 5 minutes
Note : keep checking in oven for you don't want them to burn. Yes, I've done it!
Multitasking sometimes gets us! So watch it closely!
Let Roasted Pecans cool.
Slice strawberries , I like to use my Grandma Lucky's egg slicer to slice up Strawberries.
Add to Spinach then toss with Poppy-Seed Dressing.

Voila!  I must say it makes you look so good! Gourmet style!
You look marvelous Darling!
It's so good ! Hope you enjoy it!

Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, for taking the time to comment. It means alot to me and I appreciate your kind words so much.
Have a Blessed day & Enjoy! Sharon