Monday, September 26, 2011

Too Tired... What to fix !?!

Ever too TIRED to EVEN think about what to fix for dinner?
 But I'm HUNGRY !  And I don't feel like going to the store and if you follow me  on TWITTER  you probably saw me tweet "When your so tired...what's your easy meal to fix for dinner? I'm too tired to look through resources...need food soon!"
 I don't know about you, but I don't like to waste anything...
ESPECIALLY FOOD!
 So after my little insanity moment, I remembered on my iPhone I have the Dinner Spinner by AllRecipes. Don't worry if you don't have an iPhone they also have for Android and Windows Phones. And for those of you that don't have a smartphone you can still search for ingredients on AllRecipes.

 So I went on a SPIN ! Oh My, how fun you just click on the ingredients you have on hand and VOILA ! So many choices to make...another dilemma for me. But remember I didn't want to go to the store, Too Tired! I just need to FOCUS on what ingredients I had on hand.

 On my Spin time... I picked Fresh Asparagus and Chicken Casserole. Got all my ingredients ready to make this for our dinner! Thanks to AllRecipes for energizing me to fix dinner! Sometimes I just need a nudge to get going somedays...Now excited to start a new recipe.Can't wait ! 
 Note: This isn't a quick n let's eat now dish, just thought I'd give you a heads up!

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish.Cook noodles in a large pot of boiling water for 5 minutes, or until almost tender. Drain, and rinse under cold water.Heat the olive oil in a heavy skillet over medium heat. Cook onion for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add chicken, red bell pepper (I opted out), celery, and chicken stock.

Bring to a boil, and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in sour cream and oregano.
Spread half of the chicken mixture into the prepared dish. Arrange the asparagus over the chicken, spread cooked noodles (I adapted with Farfelle whole wheat pasta) evenly over the asparagus.
Note: I purposely halved this for you to see the layering... see Chicken mix on left side, cheese on right side? Hope it works for you!
 Top with 5 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese. Cover with the remaining chicken mixture. Sprinkle with the reserved Parmesan cheese. (I adapted with Fontina Cheese, remember didn't want to go to the store!) Bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until lightly brown.

Fresh Asparagus Chicken Casserole looks pretty good for this tired hungry gal!
Voila! Dinner is served on time with a salad  on the side and  for this hungry gal who is ready to dive in ! I think next time I'll thicken the sauce up and maybe add some white wine. Let me know what variations you come up with!
         Enjoy !



Fresh Asparagus Chicken Casserole All Plated up!

Fresh Asparagus and Chicken Casserole
Prep Time: 30 Minutes Ready In: 1 Hour 15 Minutes
Submitted By: KMSMOKEY Allrecipes.com 
Cook Time: 45 Minutes
Servings: 6
"Fresh asparagus and red bell pepper add lively color and tender flavor to this creamy, cheesy chicken and noodle casserole."
INGREDIENTS:
1 (8 ounce) package egg noodles
1 1/3 tablespoons olive oil
1 onion, chopped
1 cup chopped, cooked chicken meat
1 red bell pepper, chopped
2 stalks celery, chopped
1 cup chicken stock
1 1/2 cups sour cream
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut
into 2 inch pieces
8 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese,
divided
DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish.
2. Cook noodles in a large pot of boiling water for 5 minutes, or until almost tender. Drain, and rinse under cold water.
3. Heat the olive oil in a heavy skillet over medium heat. Cook onion for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add chicken, red bell pepper, celery, and chicken stock. Bring to a boil, and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in sour cream and oregano.
4. Spread half of the chicken mixture into the prepared dish. Arrange the asparagus over the chicken, spread cooked noodles evenly over the asparagus, and top with 5 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese. Cover with the remaining chicken mixture. Sprinkle with the reserved Parmesan cheese.
5. Bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until lightly brown.

Enjoy !

Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, for taking the time to comment. It means alot to me and I appreciate your kind words so much.
Have a Blessed day & Enjoy! Sharon