Aw... Autumn is in the air! So pulling out the cozy Autumn recipes and let's see what's in the freezer...
Short Ribs it is!
I'm blessed with many friends who share recipes, this is Autumn all on plate! Thankful for dear friends, today, tomorrow and always! Thank You Connie,dear friend!
As I was setting up the ingredients, chopping away. Got my pepper grinder out, grinding away. Oh what a mess! There's GOT to BE a BETTER WAY to measure this pepper!
Thinking...wait a minute! I have a different, neater way to measure pepper out! Look what I found at my shopping excursion to Ikea! These cute lil bowls, I had to have! And they were really, I mean really reasonable! They come in a pack of 4. Came in handy as you can see when using your pepper grinder!
Connie's Paprika Short-Rib Beef Stew
|Love Autumn Recipes!|
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Combine flour, hot paprika, smoked paprika, 1 tsp. salt, & 1 tsp pepper i large bowl or Ziploc bag.
- Working in batches of 2-3 ribs, toss with flour mixture.
- In large Dutch oven or other heavy oven proof pot over medium-high heat, cook bacon until fat renders.
- Transfer bacon with a slotted spoon to paper towels & reserve fat.
- Pour off all but 1 Tablespoon fat from pot.
- Add short ribs & brown on all sides, 3-5 minutes per side.
- Chop reserved bacon & set aside.
- Transfer short ribs to plate & reserve.
- Add onion & 1/2 teaspoon salt to pot & cook, stirring until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add garlic & cook, stirring until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add beer, using a wooden spoon or spatula, scrape up any browned bits on the bottom & reserve bacon.
- Increase heat to high & bring mixture to a boil.
- Return short ribs to pot, cover, and bake for 2 hours.
- Peel Potatoes & cut into 1-inch pieces.
- Add to short ribs, cover & bake until potatoes are tender & meat pulls away easily from the bone, about 30 minutes.
- Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Spoon off excess fat & serve hot.
|Cornbread recipe soon!|
Enjoy Days of Autumn!